23 December 2007

I've been having fun! (had, in mid-2006 anyway)

So off we were to a state down South for some fishing. Or so we thought.

Had plans to sleep over on an uninhabited island but well, we plan, & He decides 'em right? Anyway, we had to carry - & excruciatingly wade mind you - our overnight supply, a small boat AND its engine, across 150 metres or so of mud, sand+sea, mud, sand+sea, mud (in that order) before we could start the engine in slightly deeper water.

Phew! So our tour guide cum innkeeper yanks the string thingamajig to start the engine and.....and..........and.......well, nothing. We just sat there for a while. *sigh* It didn't start, we had to carry everything ashore again, store the engine & keep everything else.

The next day, my friends cleaned the engine for diagnostic purposes, bought new spark plugs, tried the engine again & voila! It purred like a kitten. So it was us against the open sea (ok not really) again, & the engine stalled a coupla' times, almost went back ashore when He sent down rain, but we didn't give up, not after getting this far.

So at one point, we were about 300 meters from the shore, in the rain, but still under the sun to our left, looking at heavy rain on the mainland to our right and in front of us -oh my God- was this absolutely beautiful rainbow.

It was none like I'd ever seen before, & our being in that situation probably made it look even prettier but what took my breath away, was the fact that He showed us both ends of the rainbow *sigh* I'm still trying to understand what He was telling me exactly, but I'm positively sure that He was saying to me that all will be fine soon.

& let me just tell you again that it was an absolutely beautiful sight. It if wasn't for my friends being there with me, I'd probably have cried my eyeballs out *sniff, sniff*

So finally, we braved the rain, got to fish about 2 hours, & between the 4 of us, we got 3 baby crabs & an adult crab (which was actually holding onto its child that my friend caught). Pathetic huh?

The only saving grace was when a small fish actually jumped onboard. Seriously. One of those from the flying family I guess. & I'm still figuring out what He was telling me. All will be fine, God-Willing.

Later, the tide was already receding & let me tell ya, you don't wanna be carrying a small boat as far as 150 metres, after suffering countless cuts on your feet, for the second day, because you had to wade through layers of icky poo mud+seawater+sticks+stones+God knows what else.....man, I get tired just remembering it!

So then we drove back up after having dinner in town, I reached home at 3am & headed to work in the morning. But, the most important thing is, that it was all good.

No comments: